Our remote Team tech and Culture
‘The integration of speech-enabled commands changes how users interact with technology. This will become more evident as Google integrates Assistant into other applications’
Remote Team Communication
As so many in New Zealand move to work from home, here are some principles that are important for remote teams. Three important communication areas to build a high-productivity culture are:
- A shared vision and purpose with team buy-in, help inspire and ignite hearts for greater engagement and higher productivity. This is especially important when working from home. Otherwise, it is so easy for the team to not work! We use the 1PagePlan strategy tools our self, and for our clients.
- As a leader show, you care by making sure you check-in and ask for feedback. Empowering people to know that you want feedback and taking the time to ask them what is happening in their world is a fundamental of showing you care and so people feel valued.
- Communicate with a Slack channel, MS Teams or Workplace group. E.g. COVID-19 channel which may be the Health and Safety channel. It is critical to get people away from using email, on to more productive communication technology.
Our Teck Stack
Our Tech Stack is the core of our productivity advantage and changes each week as we learn about new technology. While we give independent vendor-neutral tech advice, we do like this tech set-up.
Core Productivity Tools
- The heart of our business is our productivity suite which is built around G Suite. Not just due to its awesome documents, calendar, and email features but the market leading-edge AI and speech-enabled commands which are total game changes for how we work. Plus the new integrations and apps which allow anybody to run their business from a smartphone.
- With so many amazing project management tools available in this area is vast and many options can work well. We use Trello and love their smartphone app. An important thing is also offloading emails from within the G Suite inbox into Trello for inbox zero.
- Process and workflow management with Process Street is a simple and powerful way to manage your team’s recurring checklists and procedures.
- Inbox zero is the key to feeling in control for huge email users which is helped with Trello and Evernote inbox integrations.
- Password manager LastPass as security is so important. And password management is now so easy, even with the free version of
- LastPass.We love Nimble CRM for many reasons but its the Chrome Extension pulling LinkedIn contacts into CRM which is a game-changer.
Artificial Intelligence and Voice Tools
- The voice transcription space is fast-moving with two favourites Otter and Reason8. For any sound recording, we use Otter but for meetings, Reason8 has a better voice transcription accuracy.
- EVA by Voicea is an Artificial Intelligence Assistant which has been purchased by Cisco. It worked as a great tool with Zoom and Google Hangout Meet but now is only available for WebEx. It takes notes and does tasks for your during online meetings.
- Unless you are a speed typist then we suggest you never type again! All smartphones now have beautiful voice transcription options and with email, we love Dictation for Gmail.
- Descript has a brilliant voice transcription engine to edit audio, by just editing the text and it will replicate your voice! Drag and drop to add music and sound and it also works with video. Initially build for Podcasting but actually can be used for much more. Try the free plan.
with this Chrome Extensions
- The Video Speed Controller is an all-time favorite for speeding up any online video. Works well with Youtube or any other streaming platform including Facebook.
- On Youtube, the Adblock for Youtube removes all Youtube ads saving you so much time.
- To check your grammar and spelling as you type, on most websites you visit, Grammarly for Chrome is brilliant.
- Save text to a template then insert it using a shortcode into any website you visit within the Google Chrome browser.
- If you do any design or creative work then ColorZilla allows you to get a colour reading from any point on a webpage and paste it into another program.
- If you are an Evernote user then the Evernote Web Clipper lets you take a screenshot, bookmark and comment any sites, save emails, PDFs, annotate and so much more.
Team Communication and Marketing Tools
- Slack is now the fastest growing business app because email is a very inefficient way to communicate. While Slack is not the easiest to learn and get your head around initially, it is a game-changer due to the exploding list of AI and bots that help automate so much of a business. It provides the necessary social feed for remote workers. MS Teams is also very good, with Workplace by Facebook also gaining popularity.
- While we love Slack for most things, Voxer is better for communicating with our VA.
- Sending email and LinkedIn video messages are only part of why Dubb is the industry leader redesigned how businesses can use video to engage clients and potential clients. Plus it has game-changing, call to action prompts, plus it even has marketing automation built-in. Use the coupon code of unboxed at check-out to get a permanent 20% discount.
- Miro whiteboard collaboration tools.
- All our team use the free version of Clockify Time tracking to help us invoice our clients. We especially love the Chrome Extension allowing Clockify to add the task name automatically with the time data from almost any web app. Works well within Trello to link the task name to the time taken with one click.
- Marketing Automation we love Groundhogg because it is an open-source WordPress plugin. Ok, plus we are a Certified Partner.
- Zoom we love due to the greenscreen ability to create a training studio, although at the moment the Webex FREE plan is in many ways better than the paid Zoom plan, as explained in this video comparison.
Tech Tools for Remote Teams to Build a High Productivity Culture
For the latest tech tools and live streaming, see the video updates on the Facebook page. Helping you build a high productivity team culture.
Free Strategy Session
As the speed of change increases, so does the need to build trust and stand out from the crowd, supported by the right technology to empower growth and find new clients.
Therefore book a FREE online meeting if you would like to review your brand, digital footprint and strategy for growth to gain ideas on how to attract more new clients.
Phone +64 9 973 5256
801/ 85 Beach Road, Auckland CBD,
Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Phone +64 3 974 9189
26 Ruby Avenue, Northwood,
Christchurch 8051, New Zealand
Phone +61 2 9042 2874
2/22 Tepko Road, Terrey Hills,
Sydney, NSW 2084, Australia